Coconut ladoo recipe with condensed milkJuly 15, 2017
- 1.5 cup tightly packed fresh grated coconut
- 1 tsp. ghee
- 0.5 tsp. cardamom powder 4 to 5 green cardamoms crushed in a mortar-pestle
- 0.75 cup condensed milk 220 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 0.75 cup desiccated or fresh coconut for rolling chopped dry fruits of your choice
- 10 min
- 15 min
- 35 min
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a frying pan or kadai.
- Add 1.5 cups tightly packed coconut.
- Stir and saute the coconut on a low flame for 3 to 4 minutes. the sauteing is to just get rid of some moisture.
- Don't brown them. if using desiccated coconut, then no need to saute it in ghee. just mix the desiccated coconut with condensed milk and heat the mixture.
- Now add 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk. here i used amul mithai mate.
- Add 1/2 tsp cardamom powder.
- Stir very well and cook this mixture on a low flame.
- When you see that the mixture has begun to thicken, then keep stirring regularly.
- When the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan and when you see some coconut fat from the sides, switch off the flame.
- Pour the coconut ladoo mixture in another bowl or pan. allow it to cool.
- When the mixture has cooled completely, pinch small to medium balls from the mixture and form ladoos.
- Roll the coconut ladoos in desiccated coconut (nariyal ka burada) or in fresh coconut evenly.
- You can also make all the ladoos at once and then roll in the desiccated coconut.
- Place the coconut ladoos in small muffin liners or just place them in a tray.
- Serve coconut ladoos straight away or refrigerate and serve them later.
- These coconut ladoo stay good for 4 to 5 days in the fridge.