Mediterranean ChickenDecember 8, 2017
- 180 g 5 to 6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
- 30 g ounces crumbled Feta
- 4 tbsp. black-olive tapenade or paste
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup store-bought fresh salsa
- 1 tsp. 5-ounce package baby spinach
- 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp. capers packed in liquid
- cup extra virgin oil
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Cut a 2-inch pocket in the thickest part of each chicken-breast half.
- In a small bowl, combine the Feta and tapenade, then stuff a quarter of the mixture into each pocket.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium to high heat.
- Season the chicken with pepper.
- Add to skillet and cook 2 minutes per side or until brown.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven-safe baking dish that has been drizzled with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- When the chicken is 5 minutes from being finished, put the salsa and remaining tablespoon oil in the skillet and heat through.
- Add the spinach and cook until slightly wilted.
- Slice the chicken and serve with a squeeze of lemon juice, capers, and spinach on the side.