Tandoori Chicken – Tandoori MurghJanuary 13, 2018
- 1 kg chicken pieces of your choice with skin removed
- 6 tbsp. Tandoori Masala
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp. Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. Chaat Masala
- Onion rings to garnish
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Make shallow diagonal slashes in the chicken pieces and keep aside.
- Mix the Tandoori Masala with the yoghurt, 2 tbsps cooking oil and salt to taste and make a smooth paste.
- Smear this paste all over the chicken pieces, ensuring you rub it well into the slashes you made earlier and that the pieces are well coated.
- Put all the pieces and marinade into a deep bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate and allow to marinate for 12-18 hours.
- Preheat your grill on medium.
- Put the chicken on it and quickly sear (sealing in juices) on both sides.
- Now allow to brown on both sides, brushing cooking oil on as necessary.
- Once browned, reduce heat and cover the grill.
- Cook till the chicken is tender. Do not overcook or the chicken will dry out.
- If you don't have a grill you can also bake the chicken.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4. While it is heating, line a baking tray with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray or smear with cooking oil. Lay the pieces on this foil and drizzle lightly with cooking oil.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, then turn pieces and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Test chicken to see if cooked.
- When done, place chicken in a plate or platter and sprinkle Chaat Masala, garnish with lime juice, lime wedges and onion rings. Serve piping hot.